Wednesday, May 20, 2009

twentieth.

Through this process, I would also like to work out what medias I will use and some sort of rough outline as to where I’m going with my collection.

Medias that I like to use:

* Photography
* Painting
* Videos
* Sculptures (Clay, Wax, Wire etc.)

Things that have strong meanings to me:

* Motion
* Keys
* French words
* Culture (belonging to something, in particular the French culture)
* Critique
* Pin hole photography
* Stories behind things/people
* Femininity

Inspiration:

* French artist JR, “Photograffeur”. Pastes enormous black-and-white photographic canvases of eyes, noses and mouths in various urban environments.
* Sophie Calle – Break up letter addressed to her, had 107 women dissect it, understand it for her in a way that allows her to “take care”.
* Lynn Randolph
* Hilla Becher
* Robert Doisneau
* The idea of physiognomy, or the notion that a person’s physical features are a manifestation of one’s personality or character.

No comments:

Post a Comment