Monday, May 11, 2009

eleventh.

As part of my senior art body of work, we are required to show a process of thinking and feeling to show how we arrived at our final collection. For me, this will take place in a blog.

We will spend the next term following this Criteria sheet:

Focus
Students determine their own focus, exploring the nature and meaning of the extrinsic through:

* The voyeur
* Dichotomy
* Symbolism
* Artificial/natural
* Political
* Metaphor
* Social commentary

Contexts
Students to select their own contextual references. Exploration of representations and expressions within historical, social cultural, geographical, psychological context that may reflect issues, attitudes and values.

Media Areas
Student choice

Media is negotiated with teacher but could include 2D, 3D and Time-based Media.


For me, my interest is largely based on being a female. There are lots of cliché’s which obviously come with this (“A female in a man’s world”, “Womens Rights!”) but I wish to explore what exactly makes an object feminine and the word ‘feminine’ by itself.

I did a mind map in my art workbook, but I will just list the key words that I used.

FEMINISM/WOMEN:

* Lace garments
* Lipstick
* Witch Hunts
* Curves
* Sexuality
* Motion
* Hidden/Secretive
* Prey/Predator relationship with man
* Dominatrix
* Titanic
* Corset
* Stiletto’s
* Lingerie
* Body image
* Sexual Prey
* Relationships
* Housewives
* Arranged marriages
* “Elle” – ‘she’ in French

For me, the words highlighted are going to be important towards my research, although I feel as if I was always come back to this list as a way to start new ideas and explore different relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment